Friday & Saturday, April 15 – 16, 2016
Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West Hotel, Plymouth, MN
This year's Convention Committee worked hard to create a dynamic program. Click on the link below to view session descriptions, poster listings, and much more!
View Final Program Here
Poster Merit Award Winners
The following posters were chosen by a selection of MPA Past Presidents as winners of the Poster Merit Award. The review criteria was based on diversity, etc.
Congratulations to this year's Poster Merit Award Winners!
- Do Emotional Stability, Social Support, or Self Esteem Buffer the Effects of Childhood Emotional Abuse on Depression? by Patricia Frazier, PhD, LP
- Health Behavior Change in Pediatric Patients Following the Delivery of 5-2-1-0 Healthy Messages During Well-Child Exams: An Innovative Illustration of Integrated Behavioral Health in Primary Care/Family Medicine, by Bethany Fiebelkorn Kennedy, PhD; Dana Brandenburg, PsyD, LP; Jerica M. Berge, PhD, MPH, LMFT, CFLE
- The Effect of Parental, Community, and Household Type Characteristics on Sense of Agency in African American Children, by Stephanie Murphy, MA
- The Changing Landscape of Rural Minnesota: An Examination of Rural Health Clinics and Providers in Minnesota, by Tom Allen, MA
- God Image as a Moderator Between Religiosity and Guilt and Shame Proneness, by Nakisa Khoshnevis, BA
- Attitudes about Mental Health Services and Professionals, by Kenneth B. Solberg, PhD, LP; Charles Benincasa, Gordon Baker, Matthew Brastrup, Erika Brink, Michael Brown, Mihaela DeLorenzo, Brent Haagenson, Abigail Herman, Paige Jablonski, Sara Johnstone, Theresa
Lienau, Mariya Mirzoyan, Bronwyn Neeser, Christopher Siegfried and Kelly Spanier
An electronic version of most presentations are available to Convention attendees only. If you were a convention attendee and did not receive this information via email, please contact MPA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Argosy University, Twin Cities
Begin Healing, Inc.
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of MN
Compassion & Choices
DHS - MSOP
Disability Determination Services
The Emily Program
Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation
Headway Emotional Health Services
LifeSpan of Minnesota, Inc.
Mental Health Systems
Minnesota Adult & Teen Challenge
Minnesota Board of Psychology
Northstar Problem Gambling Alliance
People Incorporated Mental Health Services
Psychopharmacology & Collaborative Practice Division, Minnesota Psychological Association
Rose Hill Center
VA Suicide Prevention Program
Platinum Level Sponsors
Silver Level Sponsor
Bronze Level Sponsor