HENNEPIN COUNTY MEDICAL CENTER
Adult Primary Care Behavioral Health Psychologist
Opportunities exist at our downtown Medicine Clinic and at our Richfield Clinic
Posted: February 15, 2017
- Doctoral degree in Psychology obtained from an APA-approved program with appropriate clinical training
- Completion of an APA approved internship required
- One year of supervised post-doctoral experience as a clinical psychologist in a mental health setting
- Training appropriate to the area of specialization required
- Certified (or eligible for certification) as a Licensed Psychologist in the State of Minnesota.
Job Function: Work in a primary care setting consulting to primary care providers, conducting brief assessments, and providing brief interventions.
- Champion primary care behavioral health
- Triage patients with behavioral health concerns for appropriate assessment and/or treatment.
- Consult to primary care providers to assist with management of the behavioral health needs of their patients on an urgent basis.
- Complete brief diagnostic assessments (may include brief psychological testing) for mental illness and co-occurring addictive or medical disorders.
- Provide and communicate recommendations for psychological interventions (addressing their mental, chemical, and physical well-being)
- Collaborates with the patient (and family as applicable) to develop a treatment plan to address identified goals in psychotherapy.
- Confers with staff members regarding the treatment plans for clients.
- Provide stage-wise (stages of change/treatment), culturally appropriate, empirically based psychological interventions in individual, family, and/or group modalities in an outpatient setting (familiarity with Motivational Enhancement Therapy, Acceptance Commitment Therapy, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy preferred) to patients who could benefit from this model of therapy.
- Perform health and behavior assessments and interventions for medical illnesses.
- Exhibit time efficiency (15-30 minute appointments), flexibility, and ability to manage in high paced environment
- On occasion, perform ADHD Screeners or brief cognitive assessments (administer, score, & interpret) to assist primary care providers with diagnostic clarification and treatment recommendations.
To view these opportunities and to apply, please logon to:
https://hcmc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=162632 Richfield Clinic
https://hcmc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=170089 Downtown Medicine Clinic